Christ is Risen! Indeed, He is Risen!
As the journey to the Cross was intense, what lessons did you take with you from this Lenten season? How can we continue to embark on the life that Christ asks us to live?
1. Please keep our deacons and seminarians in your prayers as they prepare for their Ordinations.
Deacon Abraham George was ordained at St. Mary’s West Sayville, NY on April 18. Continue to keep him in your prayers.
2. Prayer meeting tonight (25 April) at Mr. Mathew at 6 PM.
3. Altar Assistants Training Camp on Saturday, May 9, 2009 from 9 am to 3 pm. This will be held at St. Gregorios, Clifton, New Jersey.
Address: 1231 Van Houten Lane, Clifton, NJ 07013
5. Interested in the Missions Trip – Applications are sent out. There are two trips this year, Texas (in June) and Kansas (in August). Contact Dn . Mat Alexander.
6. Volunteers interested in OVBS?
OVBS Training Camp for our area will be held on Saturday, May 23, 2009 between 10 and 4 pm at St. Stephen’s Orthodox Church, Bergenfield, New Jersey.
If interested, please contact Asha.
7. Sunday School Centralized Exams for Grades 5,8,and 10 will be conducted on June 28, 2009 (the last Sunday in June).
April 19 – New Sunday, The Sunday of the Youth
April 22 – Memory of 3rd Marthoma (Kadambana du Palli)
April 23 – Feast of St. George
April 25 – Memory of Mar Markos Brona the Evangalinisthan
Memory of 1st Marthoma (Ankamali Cheriya Palli)
April 26 – 2nd Sunday after Easter
April 27 – Memory of Abdul Jalell Metropolitan (North Paravoor Palli)
May 3- Memory of Mar Baselios Paulose Catholicos I (Pampakuda Cheriya
Palli), 3rd Sunday after Easter
Special thanks to Mr. Joykutty Detroit for providing the Orthodox Sabha Panchamgam.
1. The Annual Family & Youth Conference will be held on July 15 to July 18,2009. For more information, visit the Web site.
2. Missions Trip – MGOCSM wants you to serve on the Missions Trip for Summer 2009. You must be 18 and over to participate.
For more information, please contact Anoop Thomas at email@example.com.
3. Atlanta Leadership Camp is on the horizon. Visit the ALC site – http://alc09.com for more info.
Two members from our parish can attend. If interested, please contact Achen.